Sunday, June 11, 2006

Water water everywhere

For some reason the water supply to my house has been off for the last few days, and it’s a bit hard to work out who is supposed to fix it. Anyway, whoever it might be, they are unlikely to do it on the weekend so I might as well just get used to it. Luckily it is the rainy season again (already!), so instead of taking a shower I can just go and stand outside for a bit.
The picture is of Cutie, one of the kittens my son begged off Fice the neighbour, just before going back to Australia. Cutie has fleas, and worms, and he meows incessantly. The same is true of his brother Fluffy. So, having ascertained that it is not possible to get worm medicine for cats either in Tomohon or Manado, I got some worm pills intended for people, crushed up about an 8th of a tablet each and gave it to them mixed with some condensed milk. And tomorrow, weather and water situation permitting, I shall give them a bath and wash them with flea shampoo. Perhaps after that they will be ready to join polite society.

No comments: