Thursday, June 29, 2006

My birthday

This was Monday. I celebrated with an extra long day of transcribing and annotating data. Tartius brought me pork buns for breakfast. My neighbour cooked me a tasty fish with just a little sambal on it (pictured), which we ate for lunch. And in the evening a friend invited me over to a dinner of pork, dog, and a stew consisting of ‘some kind of bird’ and snails. Most of it was very tasty but as usual I felt obliged to eat the dog, which tasted particularly doggy and later made me feel quite ill. On the way home I wanted to get some saguer to drink, but Tartius wouldn’t let me, saying that if I drank saguer we wouldn’t be able to travel to the village the next day because I’d have an upset stomach. (Though the dog had already sorted that out for me).
But we found a bottle of warm beer and drank that.

No comments: