Friday, December 22, 2006

Lack of activity

My observant non-readers will have noticed I don't write much. This is because I usually think that if I am sitting at the computer I should be working. Which is not to say that I always end up doing that, because I do tend to read the entire internet before getting down to work. This is largely because at the moment I find checking Toratán transcriptions and translations (which is what I need to be doing) a mind-numbingly tedious activity, interspersed with lengthy patches of pure bafflement.

But now I'm starting to think I should write more, on the rationale that writing (even on a blog) bears a resemblance to work — at least it does rather more than reading other people's blogs, not to mention generally looking stuff up on the internet (with the aim of finding stuff out, which might turn out to be useful).

Who knows, maybe if I get into the habit of writing, I'll write some papers.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have the opposite problem that you do. I tend to write too much which means that must of my posts are random and boring. I can never think of things to write but feel for some reason that I should at least write something

Nakku said...

At the risk of stating the Bleeding Obvious I think in most bloggy cases it is probably better to write something than nothing. "Random and boring" beats the hell out of never updating at all.
Reading your blog it sounds like you're going through a rough patch - I hope it all works out.